Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Gastien Part 2 by Caddy Rowland

Gastien Part 2
From Dream to Destiny
by:Caddy Rowland
Publication Date: December 31,2011
Source: eARC from Author





Synopsis:
I am Gastien Beauchamp, artist and lover. Any Frenchman would tell you that a peasant could never own property in nineteenth century France. Yet here I am, in my very own studio. The personal cost was horrendous. I barely survived the choices I made, and my sanity was pushed to its limits. Still, I finally now have security, peace, and freedom. For the rest of my life I can spend time “making love to the color”, making love to beautiful women, and enjoying the wild nightlife of bohemian Montmartre. What more could a man need or want? Then, one night, I see her. One look at Sophie, and my heart wants to betray me! I try to tell myself that I know better. Who needs love, anyway? I am already married-to my art! No woman would ever understand and accept my lifestyle; nor am I about to give that lifestyle up! Not when I paid so dearly for it. Besides, I am too badly damaged to ever open up my heart…

Review:
I absolutely loved Gastien Part 1 and never thought I that Caddy Rowland could write a second book as good as the first. You can find my review of Gastien Part 1 HERE. I have loved Gastien's story from the very beginning. I have laughed with, cried with, and felt like punching the different characters in these books. I hate to see Gastien's story come to an end but I can't wait to experience the story of Tristan Michel. Caddy Rowland has done such an amazing job with these two books I know that I will ALWAYS make it a point to read EVERYTHING that she writes. Caddy is  master of the roller coaster of emotions. I finished reading this book at about 2:30 AM and I honestly thought that I was going to wake my husband because I was litterally bawling! The whole book isn't sad though. It's the same as the first, like I said, a roller coaster. It will have you crying one minute and laughing out loud the next.


No comments: